Bilingual Marketing & Communications Assistant – Summer Student
Start Minimum Salary: $ 12.00 - $ 14.00 per hour based on experience
Status Position: 10-12 weekend Contract during the period of June to August 2017
Based in Mississauga, the Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA) is an Established national trade Association Representing the retail travel sector of Canada's tourism industry with approximately 1200 members Employing over 12,000 travel professionals.
This is 16-week Canada Summer Jobs Position in the department of Marketing & Communications at the Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA), site location is 226-2560 Matheson Blvd. E., Mississauga. The student will work in cooperation with department staff to Provide support to a variety of marketing and communication campaigns.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Bilingual Communication & Marketing Assistant is responsible for Assisting with ACTA's communications, both, external and internal, media relationships and new media campaigns.
Major responsibilities :
- Assist the department and appropriate staff in the execution of marketing campaigns.
- Assist with the development of communications and marketing promotions to various stakeholders.
- Assist with the development of various social media and advertising tasks to Promote the campaigns.
- Monitor and track campaign performance.
- Assist with event coordination, marketing and communication
- Assist department staff with digital communication, Including content management systems, customer relationship management, social media, online forms, online surveys, and search engine optimization.
- Applicants must be entre 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment; -have-been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and INTEND to return to school is a full-time basis in the next academic year.
- Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills
- Strong communication skills are French Language and Desired highly valued as a National Association
- Studies in public relations, communications, marketing, preferred digital communications.
- Strong interest or experience working in social media, content marketing, editorial calendars, websites, html, marketing and communications, media and public relations, assessments and assessment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, graphic design and / or online communications, social media tools, analytics, CMS, web-based tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to time organizes, work independamment, follow instructions, and multiple tasks simultaneously in full year effective Manner.
- An open and inquisitive mind with a "get it done" approach to work.
- Experience in the travel industry would be an asset.
Closing Date: June 16, 2017
Email resume to: email@example.com