Ministry of the Attorney General
Division: Criminal Law Division
City: Thunder Bay
Job Term: 1 Permanent
Job Code: 09OAD - Office Administration 09
$23.79 - $27.73 Per Hour*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
A fast-paced, challenging environment and interesting work are just some of the reasons for joining the Thunder Bay Crown Attorney's Office as a Legal Administrative Secretary.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Within the role, you will:
• provide a full range of bilingual legal secretarial services (for bilingual position only)
• provide a variety of administrative and clerical services
• utilize a personal computer to transcribe a variety of documents in proper legal style
• accept service on various documents
• maintain Ontario and Superior Court files
• type Superior Court subpoenas
• provide reception duties by answering the telephone and dealing with inquiries at the counter
How do I qualify?
- You have advanced oral and written French language skills
• You can type 50 words per minute using a personal computer with standard software and you have diction skills at 70% assessed using a paper-based test
Administrative Knowledge and Skills:
- You have knowledge of legal terminology and the criminal justice system
• You have demonstrated clerical and legal office administration skills.
• You have the ability to use computer equipment with related software such as Windows, Word, Outlook and related database applications
Other Essential Skills:
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
• You have demonstrated initiative and good judgment
• You can organize your work to meet deadlines
• You have interpersonal skills and experience working effectively as a team member with minimal supervision
- 1 Bilingual Permanent, 125 Brodie St N, Thunder Bay, North Region, Enhanced – Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Intelligence Check, Local Police Record Check
Ontario Public Service Employees Union