The child development program is offered to children with developmental delays. Meetings with our professionals are confidential, and available by appointment.
Child Development (0- 5 years)
Every child is unique, and flourishes in an environment that favours his or her development. The development program for children aged 0 to 5 guides children through the stages of their autonomy, and helps parents who face challenges with their child’s development.
If you think your child has developmental challenges, you can obtain support from a staff member.
The staff member will assess the child’s development on a number of levels:
- fine and overall motor skills
- ability to socialize within a group
- communication and language
- sensory perception
The staff member will then:
- provide an overall assessment of your child’s development
- coordinate the required services and establish an intervention plan
- offer counselling and support to the family
- provide home visits
Chaque enfant a sa place(Every Child has a Place) (children aged 0 to 12 in a child care facility)
Specialists offer consistent support to help children with special needs integrate into city of Toronto child care centres.
Assistance under this program includes:
- regular visits to child care centres
- one-on-one counselling
- consultation with instructors regarding curriculum
- training and assistance for problems relating to children’s special needs
- environmental evaluation, and advice regarding the child’s integration
- coordination of services and referrals
To learn about the program or book an appointment with one of our staff, call us at 416-922-2672, ext. 274.